Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Baby Steps

When I got married four years ago, my husband and I knew we wanted to have a family, that we wanted to be parents. We also knew that it wouldn't be simple and that it wouldn't be easy. There wouldn't be any surprise pregnancies, there wouldn't be any pregnancies. I found out when I was in high school that I would never know the blessing of being pregnant but that never stopped me from dreaming about being a mother. And now that I'm older, as I watch my friends and loved ones expand their families, my heart aches for that same joy. This is something that I rarely, if ever, discuss with anyone so it's surprising, even to me, that I have started a blog to document this adventure of ours. But it's something that is a part of life, something that a lot of women and their husbands can relate to. And it's something that I shouldn't continue to keep hidden away like dirty laundry. My husband and I recently decided to take the first steps (BabySteps you could say 😊) towards growing our family and I'm so excited to share what's to come with all of you. My pain, my joy, my questions and (hopefully!) some answers. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting all of us on this journey with you. I love you and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, what you are doing by sharing your thoughts end experiences is a brave and selfless thing. So many women struggle just as you, and could benefit from knowing there are others who are out there, and they are not on their path alone. I myself had my share of similar struggles. Giving my best to you and Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen, I am once again in awe of your strength. I love you and Eric sooooo much and hope that I can be a rock for you on this journey! #CinnamonRoll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, I am a friend of Paul and Michelle's, We have met a few times. Anyway...I think what you're doing is fantastic and I wish you nothing but the best! You are not alone, my husband and I had a long journey with Infertility (12 years). Male and female factors. Remind yourself often that everything you are having to endure this is totally worth it in the end. It was the hardest thing mentally and physically I've ever gone through, and don't regret a single second. I am happy to be here for support or advice if needed. Stay strong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my little sister and I wish I could be more like you. You have such strength in you to be sharing this journey with everyone and I know it wasn't an easy decision for you but that just shows the depths of that strength I mentioned before. I'm really looking forward to reading this blog and talking with you as this progresses. I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete